Dungeon23 is a writing/drawing project for 2023 to write/draw one dungeon room every day with the purpose of having a mega-dungeon by the end of the year. Just look up #Dungeon23.
- This is a very large chamber.
- Even with a light source, the cieling is shrouded in darkness.
- There’s a hole in the middle of the room leaving only enough space to tiptoe around.
- There are three other exits in cardinal directions.
- Back is to #Dungeon23: 2. The First Step
- There’s a low, hollow, echo-y, breathing sound coming from the hole, like when blowing on the opening of an empty bottle.
- The air smells musty.
- Leaning over the hole requires a difficult Constitution save or reel back as the air above the hole is unbreathable because there is no oxygen content.
- On a success, a creature can stay above it but is still choking.
- Everything here is cold stone.
- The air above the hole stings the tongue.
- If a character decides to jump into the hole it seems infinite and whatever light from the opening disappears quickly.
- Roll a d20 every hour. On a 20, the character appears falling at the top of the room back into the hole.
Timeframes & Triggers
- Every 1 hour that passes in the room, add a die and roll.
- From the top of the room appears a falling…
- Decaying Corpse
- Compressed Ashes
- A Ball of Decayed Equipment
- A Sliced Off Tentacle
- And disappears into the bottom.
Posted in From the Writing Desk, Gaming, Role-Playing and tagged dungeon23 by Eran with .